Thursday 20 February 2014

Coconut cake with Lime icing


CAKE!!!!

Everybody loves cake, well in my house they do. So I thought to myself, why not try baking your first gluten free cake??
I chose to make coconut cake with lime icing (the only recipe my mum and I could agree on).

What a great choice it was! The recipe was exactly the same to a normal cake recipe apart from the fact that I was using gluten free flour.
The sponge turned out lovely and light and fluffy, it did have coconut cream in it which I had never used before, it was basically just extra thick coconut milk. The icing was really really good. It had the zingy lime flavour and was sprinkled with toasted desiccated coconut, which gave a lovely flavour.

This recipe came from ‘The Gluten Free Cookbook’ by Heather Whinney, Jane Lawrie and Fiona Hunter.

No comments:

Post a Comment