Thursday 4 December 2014

Food Haul

When I went to The Good Food show in Glasgow, it’s fair to say I went a little crazy and bought quite a lot.
We had seen this stall in previous years, but thought the sausages were meat. I managed to drag mum up to it and we found out that they were actually vegetarian sausages, and they were gluten free!!! They have several other flavours, but we went for Rosemary and onion, Lincolnshire and Chilli and Coriander.  Fair to say that was a good choice. They were delicious, full of chunky vegetables and lovely flavours.

Orkney Smoked Cheddar makes lovely cheese. We have previously had cheese from them so went straight there to buy the dark smoked flavour. They have lighter smoked ones, but I prefer the more intense flavour. They had a deal where you got three cheeses, a garlic dip and the smoked garlic for £10. We decided to get it all. The cheeses were as good as we remembered and the smoked garlic smells amazing and I’m really looking forward to cooking with it.


Mrs Crumbles are a gluten free company that sell their products in my local supermarket and I regularly buy their products. When I went looking around the ‘free from’ stalls I saw that they not only had a stall, but were selling any 5 items for £5. This may seem a lot, but for gluten free it’s really cheap. Usually they cost a lot more. Obviously I begged mum to get some things, she was easily persuaded. We bought some crackers, potato bites, cheese bites and peanut cookies. The cheese bites are my favourite so far, especially the tomatoes and olive flavoured ones.

Punjaban Curry Sauces are amazing. There are varying spice levels such as mild medium and hot. AS my sister doesn’t really like spice we didn't
get any hot spiced ones. They are all gluten free and taste amazing.


Mum and I managed to book into a master class and see Paul and Mary, it was great and some lucky members of the audience got to go up onto stage and taste what they both had cooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment