Thursday 24 October 2013

Panzanella


Mum and I were watching a cooking programme on telly and saw that the chef was cooking Panzanella. So mum went to the shops and bought some bread, but I couldn’t make that day as the bread was supposed to be stale so I had to wait till the next day. You have to prepare it in advance so the bread can soak up the juices, so you had to plan ahead.

To prepare the veg I had to place tomatoes in boiling water for a few minutes until the skin started to crack and peel, then I took them out with a spoon and peel the rest of the skin off. You then had to scoop the seeds out of the tomatoes and pour it over the bread, along with olive oil, balsamic vinegar and garlic. The peppers and chilli had to be roasted under the grill until charred on all sides. The veg got chopped up and layered with the bread, along with black olives and capers.

No comments:

Post a Comment