Monday 14 October 2013

French Fancies


For the past week I have been in France on a school trip, so when I got home I thought I might cook something to do with France... never cook if you get home at 4:15 in the morning, which I did. Mum showed me some recipes that looked nice but then we saw FRENCH FANCIES!!!!

First of all I had to make the sponge which was easy enough. While that was in the oven I made syrup to pour over the sponge when it came out of the oven. I cut the sponge and poured over the syrup, and then disaster struck..... Fondant icing.  At first I had no problem, the recipe told me to follow the instructions on the pack. All I had to do was mix water, the fondant icing mix and food colouring, all was going to plan until it was time to put the icing onto the cakes. The recipe said to put a blob on top of each cake and let it drizzle down the sides, but my mix was a little thick so I decided to spread it... BAD IDEA!!!  The icing just dripped off the cakes onto the kitchen work surface and then onto the floor. I had to make 3 batches of icing to cover all the cakes as most of the icing was all over the kitchen and not on the cakes.

They turned out beautifully, and I got my dad to help me tidy up.

This recipe was taken from the recipe book ‘Stacie Bakes’.

No comments:

Post a Comment