Monday 30 September 2013

Bake sale


As my sister absolutely loves my baking, I hope, she asked me to bake some biscuits for her to take into school for a bake sale. I had just finished my dinner so I had to clean the kitchen which wasn’t the most appealing job, but who cares I love baking.

I started making chocolate Rolo biscuits and they were going great until I decided to make them way too big and then had to reroll them to a reasonable  size. Then I put chocolate nibbles on the top so that when they were baking the caramel would ooze out and make a lovely sticky topping.

When they were just about finished mum said I had enough time to make so flapjack, which I love making as it’s really gooey and tasty. For some reason my mind had gone to goo that day and i started to try and melt the oats, I soon realised my mistake and started again. This recipe is quite simple, you melt butter, sugar and syrup, then mix in the oats and bake.

The Chocolate rolo biscuits come from the recipe book: Biscuit, by Miranda Gore Browne. The flapjack is an old family recipe.

You should definitely buy Miranda’s biscuit book, I love all the recipes in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment