Monday 30 September 2013

spanich style chicken and homemade ice cream with meringue's


Piper, my older sister and my mum went away to a book festival, so it was just me and dad. I was bored so decided to cook dinner.... Problem was is was 4:45 already so I was in a mad panic to get to the shops and get FOOD! He was busy cutting the grass in the garden so he couldn’t hear me calling him, so I called him on him mobile which I soon realised was inside.... You may be thinking why I just didn’t go outside into the garden but my dog was wanting out and the garden gate was open so he could get out onto the road. So I did the logical thing and took him out on his lead and dragged dad to the van to take me to the supermarket. We did a super quick shop and were back by 5:00.

I was going to cook Spanish style chicken but for us it was the veggie option quorn, which tastes just as nice. But of course I set myself a huge challenge of making a pudding as well. This was going to be hazelnut meringue and homemade strawberry ice cream... tasty.

I worked out what I had to cook when on the way home from the supermarket. Meringue first, then while they were in the oven I would cut up the veg to go with the quorn and make the ice cream in my lovely ice cream maker. But I didn’t exactly read the instructions very carefully and put the cream straight into the ice cream maker which had been in the freezer for a number of months, so it was freezing cold and the cream instantly froze to the bottom. I got dad to help me scrape the frozen cream out of the ice cream maker and the re melt the cream with a knife that I heated up in a bowl of hot water. The ice cream turned out great in the end and was really tasty.

The Spanish style chicken was from the recipe book: The Hairy Dieters. The ice cream was from the recipe book that came with the ice cream maker.

1 comment:

  1. Spanish chicken looks nice, but the pudding would be my pick :-) I've never made hazelnut meringues before - but now I want to try them.

    ReplyDelete