Monday 30 September 2013

Lentil shepherd's pie


As all my family as vegetarian, apart from me, which sucks, I have to make vegetarian meals..... But they’re still tasty so it’s fine.

    So for dinner a few nights ago mum told me to cook, it’s quite the task to choose a recipe that will appeal to my whole family and usually mum tells me what to cook which is so much easier. I sat down at flicked through a couple of recipe books and couldn’t decide on what to cook, as all I wanted to cook was chicken.... So I asked mum and she said she had marked a page in a recipe book for me to cook. Great I had just wasted about 20 minutes on nothing.

 So mum had chosen lentil Shepherd’s  pie. TASTY. I have to admit I have never actually made mash potato, which seems strange so that was the new element of the recipe.

    Instead of putting in meat the recipe told me to put in lentils which were a nice substitute. First of all i had to boil the potatoes and then mash. Then I spent half an hour cutting and chopping and peeling vegetables, I managed to grate my thumb and finger.... Don’t worry, no flesh was actually put in the mix... then I cooked the veg and put in a big Pyrex dish. When the potatoes were ready I mashed them up, which I found amusing for some strange reason. Then it was all ready to go in the oven for 30-40 minutes. It was really good, you should definitely try this recipe.

The recipe above was taken from the recipe book: Gaia’s kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment