Wednesday 18 September 2013

Last night's dinner


Last night for dinner I decided to challenge myself, and cook something I had never made before.

I decided to make three different curries and a lovely dessert.

For the main I cooked - Ginger-chilli peanuts and potatoes, it had chunks of green chilli cooked in with the potatoes to give it some heat. I liked the spiciness of it but some of my family didn't, just depends whether or not you like heat.

I also cooked - Pea and cauliflower curry. It was delicious, you had to make your own curry sauce. The hard thing about this dish is it can't be prepared earlier in the day, it all happens at the same time, so timing is very important.

Item number 3 - Cinnamon-spice chickpea curry. It had a lovely tomato sauce going through the chickpeas. The recipe told me to use 3 - 6 chillies, but as my sister doesn't like spicy food I only used 3 and that wasn't too hot.

Finally the rice - Cumin-infused rice. This was truly delicious. You had to toast the cumin seeds in oil until they went dark brown and then you caramelized the onion in this. Then you added the rice and let it cook. The rice turned out A-MAZ-ING.
 

All the recipes above were from Kaushy Patel's recipe book for Indian vegetarian cooking.

Dessert - White Chocolate and cardamom mousse. I prepared it earlier in the morning so it had time to set. It was really nice. It had 8 cardamom pods in it which achieved a great flavour. It was thick and went really nicely with the dark chocolate decorations I had made, they just made it a little bitter so it wasn't too sweet.

This recipe was written by Nigel Slater.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ella :-) your meal looks amazing! All of us at number 3 love Indian food, we'll have to have a curry night when you all move in!

    ReplyDelete